vrijdag 10 mei 2024

Vet test visit

Last night Ragnar and I spent our first night in the van together.  Just in the garden, in front of the garage.  He was a bit nervous at first and panting a lot, but soon settled down and we both slept reasonably well.  

Then this morning first took him in the van to the Friday market in the woods.  Thought it would be a good place to get him used to seeing more people as he's been quite isolated here the last 2 weeks.  I put the noseband on him so that I could keep him close to me more easily but he was having none of it and just lay on the ground and pawed at his nose till I took it off again.  Maybe it was a wee bit too tight - his head is wider than Angus's was so I'll make some adjustments before trying it again.  Mind you, Angus didn't like it either but did accept it more easily.  

So we just walked back to the van which was parked further along. It was a bit too busy on the market anyway.  Drove home via the vet's so that I could take him in to make an appointment for next week.  Angus never liked going there so I wanted to be sure he would walk through the doors without a problem.  He was fine, if a bit hyper.  

No photos yet today as far too busy with dogwrangling but here's one from yesterday, when I put an old duvet cover over the cushion in his bed so that he's more visible on photos against the lighter background.  

Geen opmerkingen: