donderdag 2 mei 2024

Late start

I was up 'late' this morning.  8.10.  When I came down Ragnar was nowhere to be seen in the living room.  He was lying at the kitchen door waiting to go out.  So I let him out quickly for a pee at the bottom of the slope behind the shed before coming back to get dressed to go down to the canal with my coffee.  

I gave him the drops in his neck to repel ticks last night as I found 2 on him yesterday.  Luckily with short haired dogs you can see the bump in their coat easily and locate and remove the tick quickly.  I dread to think what gets hidden under the coats of long haired dogs.  

Just caught him lying on his back with all 4 feet in the air which is a sign that he's feeling more settled here, but didn't get a photo on time.


Later: In the first photo you can see our house in the distance.  Part of the reason for this blog is to let the previous owner see how he's living now.  

He got to know the pointer who lives on a boat in the harbour.  I'd waved to the owner yesterday saying I had a new dog and wanted to be careful so didn't let him off the lead but today the owner came out with the dog and we let them meet each other.  At first all was fine and then when they were nearer to us they suddenly started scrapping.  It all happened so quickly that neither of us could see who started it.  We both had a quick check and neither of them seemed damaged and they both looked quite pleased with themselves.  But when I got home I saw that Ragnar had a wee hole in his front left paw.  

Next excitement of the day was getting him into the Agila.  I lay in the back and got him to jump in with a treat and Klaas drove us down to the lookout tower and back.  Ragnar was panting and shaking - he really doesn't seem keen on cars at all so we kept it short.  

When looking for the tick stuff yesterday I found some calming pills I got for Angus in case he was nervous with the channel crossing last year.  (He wasn't, particularly.)  I might try them if the car continues to be a problem, but we'll give it more time first.  



Geen opmerkingen: