woensdag 22 mei 2024

Somewhere in France


Last night we stopped somewhere in Belgium, at a busy, wet and fairly miserable place along the motorway.  But it was a safe place to stop so fine to sleep for a few hours.  Today we stopped at various places along the way and Ragnar could snooze while I read my book.  Of course we also had short walks at every stop and he was very keen to roll on grass and sniff all the new smells.  He's absolutely safe in the van now, sitting before I attach the lead before he jumps out.  I had planned to drive a bit further this evening but I saw something crawling on my arm and thought it was a tick so I pulled over as soon as I could to deal with it.  (Not sure if it was a tick, it looked different from the ones I've seen before, harder and more tiny beetle like.)  The place we're stopped at is a deserted aire with lots of space to walk. 
  

Toilets and taps.  A height barrier of 2.2m so I can just get under it.  All the noisy lorries are on the other side of the roundabout.  Ideal place to stop for the night so we'll stay here.  Sun setting behind me. Much nicer end to the day than yesterday.  Should get to Huelgoet tomorrow.  

Geen opmerkingen: