vrijdag 17 mei 2024

Howling, running, Ragnarring

 

Busy day for Ragnar.  I had to go and do a couple of things in town and wantéd to leave him at home so that he wouldn't be waiting for too long in the car.  Klaas was at home.  He told me when I came back that Ragnar had watched me leave and then sat in the garden and howled like a wolf.  Much louder than the 2nd night here when he howled quite softly.  After a while he came inside and settled down ok.  

He let me trim the nails on one of his forefeet this afternoon but after one foot he'd had enough.  Last time I tried I only got the dew claws done before he jumped up.  

This evening we went for a walk along the canal and for the first time he had a truly mad gallop about in huge fullspeed circles.  All my previous Danes have always had their crazy 5 minutes during walks but I hadn't seen Ragnar do it yet.  I think this is another sign that he's definitely feeling at home here now.  

I've also had mail contact with his first owner whose phone number was still registered on his chip.  She's going to arrange for it to be changed to mine.   

Geen opmerkingen: