woensdag 19 mei 2010

De Gelukkige Huisvrouw

I recently won 2 tickets to this film in a lottery so went last night with Anita to the new cinema in Houten. This is rather like a cross between a lapdancing joint and a VIP airport lounge where they just happen to show films as well. Something unmistakably louche about the place and therefore definitely more interesting than your average film outing.
Drinks and snacks can be ordered throughout the film by pressing a button on the wee table between the seats. The film was surprisingly good. I'd been severely disappointed by the last Dutch film I'd seen, which also had the same female lead but this film was a pleasant surprise. Or unpleasant... depends on how you look at it. The traumatic birth scenes at the beginning were all too realistic but I knew about them in advance from reading the book so spent most of those scenes consulting the menu and ordering drinks. At the end of the film we were so comfortable we felt like sayig 'Put another DVD in the machine and bring us some more tacos please.' but that wasn't how it worked. Would be a great place to have a marathon soap series event.

2 opmerkingen:

Anoniem zei

Good to hear that the cinema is worth a visit, Elma! I haven't been yet but my sons enjoyed it (spent a fortune ordering foods and drinks).

If the film is really that much better than the book I may be able to convince a friend of mine to come along (she wasn't sure yet). Thanks for the review!

--Judith (leeswammes)

Anoniem zei

Hi Elma, I went to the same film in the same cinema last night! I wasn't sure but after your recommendation I decided to brave it.

And it was a really good film, well acted, believable story. Amazing (for a Dutch film)! The cinema was OK too and the seats VERY comfy!