donderdag 14 januari 2010

Car Wash

Once a year, whether she needs it or not, the day before she gets her MOT my wee blue van gets a nice bubble bath treat when we go through the carwash together. In the one we went through today I had to park her in the washing bay then go out and type in the washcode in the machine at the entrance before the washing process started. I was a bit dismayed at this as I like to be IN the car when the whooshing noises start. I had to run really fast and jump in before the whirly brushes reached her nose. I could feel the spray flying up towards us. But I made it. There's something simultaneously soothing and scary about being in a carwash. It's all very psychadelic and foamy and fascinating, but at the same time there's an optical illusion as the brushes advance that it's the car that's moving forward and that everything is out of control. I always lunge for the handbrake and it's never necessary. Of course I now have had this song in my head all the way home...

Geen opmerkingen: