zondag 14 februari 2010

Anne Frank & Goebbels

Janneke and I went to see this in Soest this evening. Comparing the diaries of Goebbels and Anne Frank. I'd seen the woman who plays Anne Frank on Pauw en Witteman this week and when she said they were playing in Soest on Saturday decided to see if I could get tickets. I'd recently read The Boy who Loved Anne Frank and then passed it on to Janneke so it was a good time for both of us to see this play based on the original diaries. I thought it was excellently done. I did get distracted now and then by the thought that I sometimes found that 'Goebbels' looked very like Wouter Bos but they both played their parts with conviction and the set, with a bed, chair and desk all wrapped in white cloth worked well. The whininess of Geobbels compared to the optimism of Anne Frank was what came over most strongly.

Geen opmerkingen: