zondag 7 maart 2010

Jarige Jop

One of the boekgrrls had a bookswap afternoon yesterday to start celebrating her approaching Significant Birthday. Such things are well established with our online reading group but her other friends and sisters were a bit bemused by the whole idea at times. Exclamations such as: 'But this book looks like new!' They couldn't quite get their heads around the idea of giving 'good' books away. (For advanced classes in disposing of books see the bookcrossing site...) I disposed of a shoeboxful of recently read stuff and left with 3 books for myself, one for Riny and a cd.
Home in time for a sunset walk with Dusty (+ current book, also visible above my newly acquired books).

1 opmerking:

Anoniem zei

Looks like you had great fun! Unfortunately I couldn't come (although my excuse was a great movie outing ;)