zondag 14 maart 2010

Boek en Trein dag

Trains and reading - a perfect combination. To promote both, the Dutch bookweek includes one Sunday when everyone with a copy of the BookWeekGiftBook (free if you spend at least 12.50 in a bookshop during the promotion period) can travel anywhere in the country at no cost. I met up with Riny and Janneke at Utrecht and we travelled together to Maastricht. Once there Riny went off with her friend who's just moved there to see her new house and Janneke and I went in search of the Bookshop-in-the-Church.











After having coffee in the cafe there Elly showed us around 'her' city and we ended up in a bakery with its own watermill where we had tea and 'spread your own' sandwiches. With ham from Livar pigs. (I don't eat pigs unless I know where they come from so it was a treat to have this delicious stuff from a source I've read lots of good things about.)





We took the train to Den Haag hoping to see the sun set in the sea at Scheveningen but it was raining by the time we got there so decided just to head back home. Finished the book I'd had with me just before the last train to Soest. I could quite happily sit all day on trains, as long as I have enough to eat, drink and read with me. Occasional passing entertainment such as the man who should have been on a different train and the father/daughter who'd been shopping for new clothes before tackling her German homework. Got in the door just in time for the last half of the Archers. Fine end to a good day out.
























(I'm less than impressed by how my new brouwser apparantly won't let me arrange text and photos in this blog the way I want to have always been able to do before, but will see what I can change about that another time...)

Geen opmerkingen: