woensdag 1 december 2010

Lionel Shriver in Amsterdam


Maaike and I had tickets for a reading organised by the John Adams Institute in Amsteram. Since I read her brilliant "We Need to Talk about Kevin" I've been A Fan of this writer so I was glad of the opportunity to see what sort of person was behind the books. She's very, um, driven. Very annoyed about a lot of things. Which, I suspect, if I had been unlucky enough to be born in a very rich and powerful country which can't even be bothered to arrange adequate (adequate? what about ANY?!) healthcare for the majority of its citizens, I would be too. She has a very fierce sort of lasersharp intelligence - she is in fact, exActly as you'd expect her to be from reading her.

1 opmerking:

Elsje zei

Een hele opluchting? (what you read is what you get)