vrijdag 30 oktober 2009

Neep Heid


None of your sappy American pumpkin nonsense, when I was wee such exotic vegetables had not yet reached Scotland (I don't think I even actually saw a mushroom till I was about 8...) and we made our Halloween lantarns from turnips. Takes a lot more determination I can tell you. It's a wonder I've still got all my fingers. The knife was new and straight when I started the carving process.
Tomorrow night I'm holding a Halloween screening of The Wicker Man so I felt the possible sacrifice of my fingers was appropriate.
Also made some soup from the inside (+ some other stuff). There always comes a moment with the hand mixer thingy that I get over confident and a splattering occurs. Still, this wasn't as spectacular as the last time I made borscht.

2 opmerkingen:

Anoniem zei

And I was NOT invited?! :( Tsk. Well, I hope you had a scary evening ;)

elma zei

Ooh, I thought you'd already seen it after we went to the American re-make?