zaterdag 1 juni 2024

Vomit

 

Ragnar was sick last night before bedtime. A huge amount of half digested kibble came up. Then a small amount of grassy green watery stuff this morning on the floor in front of his bed (phew - no fitted carpet! - crossthreading shamelessly). And then again, suddenly when behind me in the kitchen. I turned around and stood in it! I hadn't heard any of the noisy retching/stomach echoey sounds that all previous dogs have always made before throwing up. Silent sudden vomiting. Weird. He doesn't seem 'sick' at all otherwise. Perfectly cheerful, if a tiny bit apologetic looking. I'll give him a (half?) day fast and see how it goes before any possible vet intervention tomorrow. I had thought he'd been eating quite a lot the last few days. Maybe I should monitor his intake more - we'd been working on a 'he doesn't take more than he needs' basis up till now.

Vomiting or regurgitating? (LadyMac)

Well he did try to eat what he puked up the first time. It was a huge pile of half digested kibble. I didn't think this was a good idea and removed it. (All neatly deposited on the footwiping mat by the back door. I could lift it up and take it down to the canal and tip it in for the fish. Dunk in the water to clean it.) (I did clean it with a brush and some bettersmelling cleanerstuff afterwards.)
The second deposits were watery yellow slime, easily removed from the lino.
So regurgitating followed by vomit? (Fings yer lern in 'ere!)
Anyway, he seems fine now. Yesterday I restricted his food intake to give his system a rest. (I was too weak to maintain a total fast - a Dane staring dolefully in an empty food bowl is difficult to ignore.)
He had a good full speed galloping-circle-of-joy in the evening, which I've only seen him do once before so far and seems generally in good spirits.




Geen opmerkingen: