zaterdag 27 april 2024

King('s Day) Ragnar

 He did spend an hour or so trippling around the house panting nervously but he eventually settled down for a snooze and he seems to have decided he'll be ok here. I also have to do something about his exiting technique from the van as atm it's a bit too explosive to be safe but I'm sure I'll get it sorted once he gets used to how it all works and I make some adjustments to suit him better.

The explosive van exits were probably partly my fault. He was so keen to get out and about in the world that he just pushed right past me and, as I wasn't expecting it I was too late to correct him and keep him in till I was ready for him. Luckily the first one was on the deserted beach at the end of the road that I drove to before going back to our house precisely so that he could expend some of the pent up nervousness of being in a strange van for an hour with a new human. The second one was in our garden, when I was slightly more prepared but still not fully in command of the situation. I now know him a bit better and am pretty sure I can get him to sit and wait before getting out. I certainly won't be going to any unknown places with him till both of us have mastered the safety procedures.


Geen opmerkingen: