maandag 19 maart 2012

Free Trains - Planetarium Franeker

Here are the photos from yesterdays outing to Franeker (via Riny in Zwolle).










I was really impressed by the Planetarium, the oldest one in the world and built by Eise Eisinga in his living quarters in the 1770s. Definitely well worth a visit, I can't understand why it doesn't get more publicity than it does. Surely I should have heard of it sometime earlier in the 20 odd years I've lived here already?









Afterwards we decided to look for his burial (and birth) place in the next village. It was a fair walk (in a freezing wind) from the station in Dronrijp, but we found it eventually.

1 opmerking:

wizard zei

I'm interested in these pictures for my historyproject. Can I have the originals in higher resolution?
Many thanks in advance!