zaterdag 17 april 2010

Perfect Day

Cycled to Hilversum in perfect spring sunshine to pick up my t-shirt for tomorrow's race. Despite not getting there as early as I'd planned and fearing that the scary computer shop would be packed with Saturday afternoon madness I was able to sort out new headphones for mYpod quickly in a miraculously empty shop. When I passed again later it was heaving and the boys (infants...) said that it had been busy earlier too. Afterwards went across to Ingrid's bagel cafe and used the vouchers I've had in my bag for months to acquire a large cappuccino and a wonderful bagel with truffle flavoured cream cheese, avocado and tomato. Talked with a slightly weird woman who came to sit next to me and declared that this was the best place in town for people watching. Afterwards wandered over the market and bought wholegrain rolls and carnations and some hair stuff that was being sold at a fraction of the normal price. Was handed some free samples of some new Lipton tea. Found a bookstall with lots of good quality paperbacks - I'll have to go back sometime with Janneke I think. Then a shop where they had the tablecloth-hangers I'd been looking for. Finally dropped into Body Shop and bought a couple of things as presents in between trying out various moisturisers and then let the girl at the till make me buy a membership card thing which gives me a reduction on future purchases and a gift on my birthday equal in worth to the price of the card (so, it works out free whilst still subtly luring you to buy more stuff there - clever).



Stopped off at the IJssalon in Soest for my first ice-cream of the year - a cone with white chocolate and hazelnut flavours.




I'm not usually one for going into town on Saturday as too many people swarming about annoy me generally but this afternoon worked out fine. (I did turn back after venturing briefly into the narrower main shopping street, thought I'd quit while ahead.) Most of the way home found myself humming Lou Reed's Perfect Day. Got home and made tea to drink while I unpacked all my goodies on the garden table.

Geen opmerkingen: